Terrazzo is a flooring material consisting of chips of marble or granite set in concrete and polished to give a smooth surface.
This article explains how you can clean your Terrazzo Flooring like a pro
What you need
Grease, Wax and Dirt Remover
Grease, Wax and Dirt Remover is a concentrate for the easy removal of dirt, old layers of care products, wax and polish residues, skid marks, nicotine deposits and greasy and oily contamination and building dirt. Grease, Wax and Dirt Remover may be used for interior and exterior use on stone, tiles and ceramic, plastic and metal. Also for furniture and cars. Ideal for basic cleaning before applying protection and care products.
Stone Seal forms a waterproof, UV-resistant and silky gloss protective layer over your stone tiles. The surface is water-and stain-resistant and stronger in colour and structure. The surfaces are easier to maintain. The protective layer is non-yellowing and durable. For all absorbent natural and artificial stone surfaces indoors and outdoors.
1. Add 200 ml of Grease, Wax & Dirt Remover to a bucket of warm water.
2. Apply with a mop.
3. Refinish with scrubber, brush or sponge and remove dissolved dirt.
4. Wash with clean water.
How to Protect and Maintain your Terrazzo Floor.
We recommend the use of Stone Seal to protect your Terrazzo. Stone Sealforms a waterproof, UV-resistant and silky gloss protective layer over your stone tiles. The surface is water-and stain-resistant and stronger in colour and structure. The surfaces are also easier to maintain.
1. Ensure that the base is dry, unmarked and clean.
2. Apply a thin, even layer of Stone Seal using a paint roller or a brush. Do not apply more than the surface can absorb, and avoid leaving puddles. Avoid creating streaks.
3. Drying time is about 2 hours. Do not step on the surface during this time.
4. Afterwards, protect the sealed surface from moisture for 2 days.
Hi-Glitz Pte Ltd offers cleaning services and floor protection services within Singapore.
We can clean your home using the most appropriate materials, or help you apply the protective coating for your terrazzo floor.
For more information about our home cleaning services, click here.